JOB SUMMARY: Tends one or more injection molding machines and/or secondary operations used to produce products according to established specifications for thermoplastics materials by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include the following and others as assigned.
1. Observes machine operation, work instructions, remove parts, and separates runner from
product and also load inserts as necessary for required jobs.
2. Sorts parts from family molds by different sizes, shapes, or dimensions, cavities, etc.
3. Performs secondary operations such as trimming gates and/or flash, assemblies, fixture,
sonic welding, pad printing, hot stamping, drilling, tapping, etc.
4. Inspects parts visually for defects such as short shots, flash and contamination, and informs
Shift Supervisor of any deviation from quality retains.
5. Gage or measures parts dimensional and informs Shift Supervisor of any deviation from
6. Separates nonconforming products and attaches identifying nonconforming reports with
accurate information per operating procedures/work instructions.
7. Packs products into cartons for shipping and attaches proper identification with accurate
information per operating procedures/work instructions.
8. Maintains production count records, and statistical process control charts per
9. Granulates runners and scrap, cleans work area, machines and equipment as required.
10. Performs other routine duties as assigned